Motorbikes

barry's point road harley let me take their new pan america 1250 out for a day long test-ride recently

all the tradition harley 'character' features like; low power, poor handling, bad brake etc. were absent

making it an extremely competent sports-tourer that in the right hands would scare the crap out of many sportbike riders

smaller than my GSs with an engine tuned more for power than torque they seem to be selling well and future models should get better as minor issues are addressed 

left-jpg.3233745

https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/2021-harley-davidson-pan-america-specs-unveiled/

not quite as well-fitted to me as my usual mounts; used, old, high-mileage, self-serviced beemers so i can't see a pan american in my future

but it'll take 2, take bags, get to the bottom of the south island in record time and still get along the molesworth and nevis gravel roads without missing a beat and should still do the commute and shopping runs

• Like 1

yesterday 3 of us took as much gravel as possible to get out for a play at journey's end, tapora

small.1482214548_journysend.JPG.d3585052

small_je.JPG.6f710c5bf8d0169a796528a419f

and back along the kaipara hills road

small_kmr2.JPG.b74b9362260f5a6a3feee1618

dodgy cross-winds at times but the rain stayed away 

a good hard 250km has done a lot to combat the locked-in syndrome and frustration at having to cancel a trip to murchison to see friends

• Upvote 1

I see Ducati is becoming the Moto E supplier from 2023. Jeez I thought giving the Multi normal valves was a monumental change, but an electric Duc !?

On another note I see Courtney Duncan won her 3rd succesive title in motocross. Your mission is to find it in the news. A 3rd rate rugby game only done as a moneymaker is obviously way more important. (sarc)

5 hours ago, Psyche said:

MM doing spiderman during qualifyingmarc-1635067537.jpg

He saved that one but trowled it in final laps of the session. Nothing trickier than a slowly drying track when your searching for those last 100ths of a second!

If you look at the replay of MM crash you see Jack Miller loses the front in the same spot but saves it on his knee.