Motorbikes

On 1/11/2021 at 5:26 PM, twisty said:

I rode one once around puke racetrack. Really struggled to get my head around RH and also upside down gearchange. I also remember it vibrated like there was no tomorrow. Still love to have one though !

Although I appreciate the classics, I'm over nostalgia, I like modern bikes. 

I always get a laugh when I see people drooling over the bikes on trademe that I grew up with and paying a fortune for what is basically crappy motorcycling compared to today. skinny tires, glass brakes, pogo stick suspension, rubber frames and underpowered engines... 

i-cBd9TgJ-XL.jpg

Pecco and Mir, check out the Ducati aero on the lower fairing. Aero has only recently arrived in MotoGP mainly because they have spec electronics that limit the control over the bike. Previously they used to have every track and corner mapped for every condition plus incredibly complex software and sensors to manage the power but that was all changed in 2016 to stop the arms race. As a result the brilliant Ducati engineer Luigi Dall'Igna started focusing on the aero.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 12.11.09 PM.png

F1 is all aero but on bikes aero development is pretty stunted (or was), but Ducati is the leader and it appears they are using ground force when the bike is leaned over to suck down onto the track for more grip. Best bike on the grid at the moment, fastest with its desmo valve gear, best all round handling given that MotoGP bikes usually have tracks they work on a lot better than others. For next year there is 8 of them on the starting line, this year they won the manufacturers championship and maybe Pecco will give them the riders title. Last Ducati MotoGP champ was the superb Casey Stoner. Casey hates aero btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40i9cJJzoXM