Neat Video Links

Found this interesting about square riggers,lots of commentray as filming would still be in infancy stage.     18 knots was the claim for one ship

As my Grandfather said"Only a Horner can spit to windward".

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ex Machina said:

One of my all time favourites bit of a slow burner but the tension ratchets up towards the end . The carnage further back in the fleet is worth keeping an eye on  , flares going off and insane wipeouts etc .

What a solid crew, the helmsman is very chilled. Cant work out what happened, look like the bow buried and maybe a spreader failed? 

5 minutes ago, Psyche said:

What a solid crew, the helmsman is very chilled. Cant work out what happened, look like the bow buried and maybe a spreader failed? 

Backstay got a major crank just before so maybe too much so ? 

6 minutes ago, twisty said:

This is cool. Great sailing, no carnage

f*ck that’s awesome !  Never seen that one or any of ragtime . I reckon that’s the most iconic NZ boat , still hauls ass after nearly 60 years 

On 7/08/2023 at 4:07 PM, Ex Machina said:

One of my all time favourites bit of a slow burner but the tension ratchets up towards the end . The carnage further back in the fleet is worth keeping an eye on  , flares going off and insane wipeouts etc .

Wahooo... that was a fun ride, neat watching it build up..

2 hours ago, Black Panther said:

I'm in a motel room in St Paul Minnesota and have a big screen with you tube. Just went through all of these. 

Great thread, keep em coming.

This one takes the cake . Dunno if we will see this calibre of small boat designed and built in nz again 

2 hours ago, Ex Machina said:

This one takes the cake . Dunno if we will see this calibre of small boat designed and built in nz again 

Yup that was a fun ride! We have some epic times on that little boat. 

For those who have not seen the video of Windora on the hard in South Georgia. I came across Windora on a mooring near Nelson a couple of months back... lovely boat. 

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, LBD said:

Reminds me of what my father said about Grandfather upon his return from www1,coromandel fill up the mullet boat(26ft h or i)? with fish,keep putting wash boards in till just enough room left in cockpit,go fast back to AK markets and race on Saturday By all accounts would row the vessel around with nets attached.