Parnell Poo Pipe

On 11/10/2023 at 3:25 PM, waikiore said:

No but motor racing is becoming more attractive as the apartments creep down to the water at Westhaven and Panuku raises prices again and again

Given the reverse sensitivities around Western Springs, Panuku shutting down Mt Wellington via a backroom deal, and Pukekohe raceway being torn up for terraced housing I'm not sure Motorsport is going to fare any better.

Really best to just walk around your neighborhood and join a Golf club, because that's all that will be left before long.

4 hours ago, motorb said:

Given the reverse sensitivities around Western Springs, Panuku shutting down Mt Wellington via a backroom deal, and Pukekohe raceway being torn up for terraced housing I'm not sure Motorsport is going to fare any better.

Really best to just walk around your neighborhood and join a Golf club, because that's all that will be left before long.

Yeah or bail from Auckland . Plenty of yachting in the regions just not as many boats or black sails .

• Upvote 1
On 14/10/2023 at 9:28 PM, Ex Machina said:

Yeah or bail from Auckland . Plenty of yachting in the regions just not as many boats or black sails .

Plenty of black sails on Tauranga

On 14/10/2023 at 11:45 AM, Psyche said:

I agree, the consensus amongst people who know a lot more than me is that we are about 200 billion behind where we need to be. But as I mentioned, infrastructure is unsexy and tax cuts are very sexy! Very much

That's interesting Psyche, I've been told a similar number (again, by those who should know).  Really starting to wonder how we get out of this.

On 14/10/2023 at 4:49 PM, motorb said:

Actually plenty of golf courses heading for closure too. 

Just got lifted and cleaned at the Floating Dock, the operator said the water is in the worst state he has seen it in the 5+ years he has been operating the dock.

At the end of each day he is going home itching and scratching which has never happened to him before.

SALT divers were supposed be cleaning 40+ boats at Westhaven today, but they aren't getting in the water, they have set up shop at Izzy for those that need a clean before Coastal.

With the harbour being tested everyday at multiple locations and different depths, it will be interesting to see how long a gazillion liters of black and grey water takes to flush out of the Waitematā...

53 minutes ago, waikiore said:

I still believe that multiple locations are being modelled, as opposed to tested-havent seen the summer helicopters yet!

That would be correct.

The modeling has been in place for many years. It was, several years ago tested and independently verified at being around 90% accurate. 

Watercare have stated that they are doing tests from multiple locations at multiple depths and they have also deployed bags of oysters that will be tested for comtaniments and heavy metals. 

Point is that they are testing...

I have noticed on the safetoswim site that mission bay/st heliers has been switching from safe to unsafe frequently during this sh*t storm. 

Yes they always have after a big rain period, when they let it out the old Orakei line, probably safer there over the last two weeks whilst blocked as most was being diverted to Beaumont street new outlet and the other new one west of the harbour bridge.

20 minutes ago, CarpeDiem said:

That would be correct.

The modeling has been in place for many years. It was, several years ago tested and independently verified at being around 90% accurate. 

Watercare have stated that they are doing tests from multiple locations at multiple depths and they have also deployed bags of oysters that will be tested for comtaniments and heavy metals. 

Point is that they are testing...

I have noticed on the safetoswim site that mission bay/st heliers has been switching from safe to unsafe frequently during this sh*t storm. 

A little hard to believe the modelling is tested under these circumstances. I imagine they are testing as well but it's unclear what is a modelling result and what is a testing result, in terms of what is available publicly at least.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, waikiore said:

Yes they always have after a big rain period, when they let it out the old Orakei line, probably safer there over the last two weeks whilst blocked as most was being diverted to Beaumont street new outlet and the other new one west of the harbour bridge.

It's obviously the modeling and testing coming in to play at these sites.

Cause a week ago everything was black all day long. Right now Mission Bay is safe. And Kohi/St Helliers are getting safer. With Kohi and St Helliers marked as Safe from 5pm today. 

1 hour ago, CarpeDiem said:

It's obviously the modeling and testing coming in to play at these sites.

Cause a week ago everything was black all day long. Right now Mission Bay is safe. And Kohi/St Helliers are getting safer. With Kohi and St Helliers marked as Safe from 5pm today. 

Just to clarify, you can swim at Mission Bay, and will be able to swim at Kohi and St Helliers in 40 mins (5pm), but is yacht racing (where you don't put your head underwater) still cancelled?

27 minutes ago, K4309 said:

Just to clarify, you can swim at Mission Bay, and will be able to swim at Kohi and St Helliers in 40 mins (5pm), but is yacht racing (where you don't put your head underwater) still cancelled?

You can go yacht racing at both Kohi and St Helliers. 

Yacht racing is pretty much not happening in the harbour this week, except for the coastal start.

It would make sense that Mission Bay cleans up earlier since the bulk of the flow is in the Beaumont Street and the  Wynyard Quarter area

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1