Tough day at Waiake Beach

In dealing with insurance companies I have found they  tarred all swing moorings with the same brush in that they saw less risk with Pile Moorings and better still a marina.

Only once in 30 years do I recall a broker commenting that the area my boat is moored in was considered to be relatively protected.

A few years back there was a blow where several vessels in the Tamaki river came adrift with one sinking. I noticed my premium went up at the next renewal and I wonder if we might see this again soon. 

Jimmy at Cando Lifting is also experienced at getting boats off beaches. He got the Kathleen (34ft Van de Stad) off Stanmore Bay Beach August last year. He's recovered a number of boats previously.

Also very handy at getting engines in or out of boats (he did mine and many many others), and things like masts. Based on Whangaparaoa and very good rates. He gave the owner of the Kathleen such a good rate he basically didn't charge him, noting his boat had just been written off, and the public service aspect of getting the wreck off the beach before it broke up and spread debri all across the marine environment.

Keep a note if you ever need a man with a 4x4 truck and hiab in a hurry (i.e. you find a boat busted a mooring and need it sorted asap).

4x4 rear mounted palfinger, 22m reach with 240kg out the back.

+64 27 222 6366

Facebook

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3