Name JH's Mini

Atom Ant

Unless your Oracle racing... :lol: :lol:

Yeah, some also consider it not normal to spend the same amount as New Zealand's entire budget deficit on a boat you use in two races :lol: :lol:

It's was called 'Project Te Kiri'.

That would be Du Fresne ( Du Frayne) ,and a bunch of his crew who were invited over for dinner.

That's the dude. From what I could find I believe a few of the local BOI ladies thought he was a very tasty bloke as well, but maybe knot in the same context as 'tasty' is used today :lol: :lol:

I just thought that was appropriate as just like Te Kiri I was hoping to f*ck up some French dudes day. Sadly it worked out the other way, bugger!!

I'd like to read a definitive history on the whole event . I know the French blew away the wrong guys, that the intertribal massacre at Parekura bay afterwards was related to it and so was the ceding( no doubt a totally incorrect word but you get my drift) of Rawhiti to a particular tribe/ ownership. Some historians also believe that the whole nasty occurence is the reason that we ended up speaking English instead of French.

Hijack over.

Its a Mini right?.. I can see an interesting graphic going along with Miniskirt or some variation on the theme.

Daisy's shorts were always er, quite mini.

John B - go to www.nzhistory.net.nz and type in Du Fresne's name and you'll get the real story.

As opposed to the albeit interesting, but not correct ones on this thread. But then I've never let the truth get in the way of a good story myself................... :)

Not having a dig at anyone here so don't go taking this personally: NZ history should be taught in NZ schools from an early age. Compulsory. Would stop a lot of misunderstanding about our history and how we got to where we are as a nation.

Rant over. Sorry about the hijack.

POSSIBLE NAMES:

Red Handed

Nth Degree

Tight Rope

Pizza

Dixie Rum

Actually, Blood Sweat & Tears would be a good name! Who said that?

Another one I thought of would be Skid Row, or maybe with KM in mind it could be called Knumb Knuts. :lol:

Do I recall from ealier posts on this site that JH has long blonde hair? mullet? Sounds Girlie.

So shuld have a girlie name....

Also, sure to be slower and easily caught by a cat

Mini Mouse

You want Crew to sponsor you? The same guy who while at his brief sojourn at a world famous spar maker made a comment about carbon masts being sure to fall over? I'd say you'd be needing to pay Squid alot of money to have the privilege of having the crew marque on your boat JH. :lol:

nope, nothing about carbon masts, just any mast that goes on my boat is most likely going to fall over! im sure squid will be happy to spend 90k to get crews name next to the keel

no good on the keel...when that falls off you wont see it. you need it on the hull either side of the keel so its seen from both sides when upside down....

but on the keel you could write something like if found please deliver to wherever

nope, nothing about carbon masts, just any mast that goes on my boat is most likely going to fall over! im sure squid will be happy to spend 90k to get crews name next to the keel

Is that because you are sure you will manage to park it upside down (and not lose the keel) and the news helicopter will get it on film clearly showing the orange text that it is written in. :twisted:

I like KM's original name with the story behind it, but I doubt JH is heading to France with it any time soon, so the name needs to be more useful in home waters..

Definately has to have "Mini" in it. I like Mini skirt and Mini Mouse. "Mini school" as in miniscule? Might be seen as an attack on JH's masculinity though.. :D :D :D

Seeing as he loves the general lee so much he could copy the paint job and call it something like mini general :-P

Stacey Jones

Archived