Boat on the rocks

Duty Free

Looks like receation will be out of action --she was on the rocks by the starting tower , westhaven .slowly being munched up .

Hopefully they can get her off .

Its a strong NE and a short nasty sea --l saw 35 knots in westhaven

I can confirm that.... We very nearly ended up in the same situation. just managed to squeak away with NOTHING to spare.

Dangerous lee shore this afternoon....Feeling for Ian and the lads on Recreation....We pulled out after race start - They actually got round the course before this happened.

post-1784-141887204335.jpg

post-1784-141887204337.jpg

40 knots and seaway was our struggle. Looked to me like the boat will be fairly crunched from the rocks.

After very nearly being in similar situation after some problems after race start I chose to motor sail into westhaven....

Reckon we cleared Westhaven west entrance doing about 10knots + under main with motor down.

Looks pretty scratched/ carved up but with one relatively small perforation right through I could see ( from the car).

All the best, I hope she's not too bad.

Bugger - it was a day for it too.

Yesterday, my father-in-law grabbed a Cav32 as it drifted past Birkenhead wharf after breaking its mooring. He managed to hold it against the Wharf till the Police boat turned up and towed it away!

Bugger - it was a day for it too.

Yesterday, my father-in-law grabbed a Cav32 as it drifted past Birkenhead wharf after breaking its mooring. He managed to hold it against the Wharf till the Police boat turned up and towed it away!

That man deserves a bottle of the sponsor's fine product :thumbup:

Guest Saturday Night Special

Well chaps there is a bit more there than I need ( I need outboard ,small kite ,2 headsals( If I don't cut down what I already Have ) a boom and some extra time anybody remember spare time ?)It would actually seem to me to be a waste a couple of young guys could fix this up with time and supervission

Archived