timberwolf

OK I didn't know TVS had the same "tiplet" type arrangement. Bugger about putting them on backwards - I have constant nightmares about that sort of thing when I'm installing bits and pieces on the boat. It will be very interesting to see how it all performs when you get racing again - all eyes will be on the merciless racetrack %ages...

DSC07425.JPGDSC07426.JPGDSC07427.JPG

Have put some new tips on the foils, much more like what is on Groupama 2!

The Prod and Mast have had their final Undercoat, hope to have Top coated later in the week.

DSC07428.JPG

Wireless Wind Gear, and Computers (Weather Routing and Expedition) is all very exciting.

Thanks to Gappy from Nexus (Kiwi Yachting) we are one of the first to use this gear on a Canting/Rotating Mast.

This certainly brings the focus of the boat back to what I originally bought it for.

To have fun round the harbour but to try to do well in the Coastal.

The Prod and Mast have had their final Undercoat, hope to have Top coated later in the week.

New Mast, or repainted old mast?

Unfortunately can't afford to upgrade the mast at the moment. The mast got a bit banged up where it was scraping on the bottom and I really hated the old smurf blue.

Time for a change of colour!

[attachment=0]DSC07452.JPG[/attachment]

All looks great Tim. I'm struggling with this pic - I'm guessing it's the prod, what's the five way connector at the end for? I'm thinking you have a dolphin striker, a line going to top of mast, one each to left and right floats and then ??? - I can't think what goes on the fifth connection point?

It's a worry as I'm working on my prod and you'd think I'd have a handle on this sort of thing by now...

Prod is upside down...

The one at 90 degrees is the bobstay to the main hull, then the two sideways ones go to the float bows (Although not right to the bow on the new floats tim?) And the two on the angle are the tacklines (Two of) And there is a track on there for the code zero furler to slide out the prod.

DSC07456.JPGDSC07457.JPGDSC07458.JPG

A lot of the minor details can take a long time to get right.

What a shocker of a weekend, if it could go wrong, it did.

Still have to make the Stays, finish paint the Curved foils and finish the boom.

Rig going in tomorrow morning first thing, thanks to Jamie for organising the AC45 crane, and Marshy who will be honourary rigger for the morning.

Unfortunately have everything ready except a boom, so still not sailing.

But we can motor around with the foils down to see how much drag they are!

But we can motor around with the foils down to see how much drag they are!

So if we see you zooming around with TW up a foot or so off the water, we'll know they are high lift foils!?!