timberwolf

Marshy, were you guys running any boards down wind? Seems you guys could haul us in pretty quickly downhill, although you are bigger with a sh#t load more HP I guess.

Yeah i think a sh*t load of power, more sail area in the main and probably the same size if not slightly bigger chute. With probably the same wetted surface (Hulls arent that much different). And its pretty timid downhill so you can keep the foot to the floor.

Man that last run of the last race was awesome! If we didnt have a stuck winch on the gennaker sheet we mighta got ya but you were smoking maddock!

Sailing%2028%2005%202011%20023.jpg

We had a terrific day on Saturday. The changes have completely transformed Timberwolf.

Great acceleration, no nosediving tendency at all, much higher top speed, and very light on the helm and well balanced.

We are all just so stoked with it all !

Thank you very much to all of the guys who have helped us get Timberwolf sailing again.

And the longest and most read thread on Crew.org.nz, Tim - pick up a bottle of Mount Gay, you deserve it.

Just think how the ratings would go up if the crew wore bikinis. :wink: :oops: :oops: or down. :think:

PS Tim looking great. :clap: :clap: :clap:

And the longest and most read thread on Crew.org.nz, Tim - pick up a bottle of Mount Gay, you deserve it.

*ahem* and maybe one for the creator?

You think Tim should get TWO bottles of rum? That's mighty kind of you!

Or maybe rather than Rum you might like to come for a sail, Jordan.

Aaah Jeez .... we're an easy lot to please aren't we? Reward us randomly with rum every now and then and the occasional pics of some semi-naked bimbos and its all good. :lol:

Aaah Jeez .... we're an easy lot to please aren't we? Reward us randomly with rum every now and then and the occasional pics of some semi-naked bimbos and its all good. :lol:

yep I fit that demographic :thumbup:

why so you can crash gybe and smack him in the head with the boom for being a bad apprentice Tim? :lol: :lol:

maybe he wants me to do an insurance job on the rig? he wants a new one doesnt he?

i could handle that timmy, i'll bring the rum :thumbup:

DSC07506.JPG

Last items to paint today.

Tiller link bar was substantially reinforced to reduce flex and repainted.

The foreground is the VHF and GPS aerial mounting bracket.

DSC07507.JPG

The Instrument bracket for two Nexus displays has to rotate.

DSC07508.JPG

The Boom inboard end needed some additional clearance to prevent it hitting the Gooseneck when the Boom End is raised.

Boom is topcoated but no real effort to Fair the boom in order to save weight.

The Boom is very stiff compared to the old one but still only weighs 12 kg.

Next weekend we should have everything ready including the Canting Rig (we had to lock it in the middle in the last three races).

Yay, no more painting !