Justifiable homicide?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well imagine if your kids are swimming around the back of the boat and the jetski comes around the front.  So yes, it's obviously dangerous.  It is also illegal and ignorant. The 5 knot law appli

If you took the title of this thread litterally then maybe you have had a little too much internet?

Dear Mr Sabre and Mr Fish, Please excuse my presumption you are blokes, while I'm pretty sure you are we do live in the days of delicates and loveys who are offended if they aren't offended. So f

I'm confused.

Is the problem a jetski going too fast? what has that got to do with discussing the murdering of someone?

Jetski's are a known problem. There is also a known system of dealing with them. Getting all vigilante is one thing, and I understand the frustration around jetski's. But are you guys actually discussing the justification of homicide cause someone is going too fast on a jetski? What are you going to do? walk up to someone at the boat ramp and attack them with a filleting knife?

Just breath in, breath out, count to ten, and get some perspective....

Interesting to note that all boats are at anchor, (not sure if that includes Dtwo's) yes the sea flea may piss you off re noise etc. but is he actually doing anything dangerous? I would have thought that the rules would / should apply when yachts / boats are under navigation. I saw something similar at Whakapirau, sea fleas zooming "safely" a spectator on the beach getting upset and agitated for no reasonable reason.

8 minutes ago, Steve Pope said:

Interesting to note that all boats are at anchor, (not sure if that includes Dtwo's) yes the sea flea may piss you off re noise etc. but is he actually doing anything dangerous? I would have thought that the rules would / should apply when yachts / boats are under navigation. I saw something similar at Whakapirau, sea fleas zooming "safely" a spectator on the beach getting upset and agitated for no reasonable reason.

Well imagine if your kids are swimming around the back of the boat and the jetski comes around the front.  So yes, it's obviously dangerous.  It is also illegal and ignorant.

The 5 knot law applies 200m from shore and 50m from other vessels.  Clearly this guy doesn't know, doesn't care, or both.

And to calm down those who would suggest murder would be a disproportionate response, I'll spell it out:  the topic post was tongue-in-cheek.  Take a breath.

Breaking legs - too much?