SIMRAD 3

Changed

Has anyone got access to any weather info that shows more wind than Metvuw?!!

Predict Wind is showing 30 droping to 10 on CMC

And 15 droping to 2 on GFS

But at least they are both from the northish now

loads of bigger boats to beat up on :thumbup:

3.5 boats is hardly a pile? The fleet is infested with 26fters :)

Where the ??? do they get 30 then dropping from? Everything I see shows limp building to 30 but that's well into Sunday. All do show N or NE, bugger it.

Models I think are still pretty undecided as to exactly when the breeze will get here KM. This morning GFS has it arriving Saturday morning and CMC not until the evening.

As Booboo has said, you really don't pay that much attention til Friday by which time they're much more likely to be agreeing with each other but it wouldn't be sticking your neck out too far to say the leg back from Little Barrier (if that's where you go) will have breeze somewhere between pleasant and modestly exciting.

Cameron, if the last time you went round LB was the last time I did, I can understand the difference in opinion. My very distinct and painful recollection is HL went from about a week behind us before the infamous hole to about two seasons in front afterwards.

It was out sailing last Saturday so im guessing the photos were from the RNI Two Handed? All fixed now i believe.

Weather for Saturday has changed a bit on Predict wind now. Looking lighter now. Might even get a code zero on at some point KM :-P

Coming back in 15-18 knots of wind with a decent swell could be fun!

ssanz.jpg

Might even get a code zero on at some point KM :-P

Anyone told you today? Probably but I will again just in case 'feck off smartarse' ;)

So we maybe able to fly our really really big headsails, which coincidently are also our small ones, all 82% of them :?

Sail selection on our boat is real easy 'the black one or the gold one?', both the same size just ones a tad heavier :lol:

In that wind table, what does CMC and GFS speeds mean?

From the predict wind web site.

Weather Input File

Where does this information come from?

Our weather forecasts are generated from 2 different weather observation files, which have proven to be, after years of research, the best:

* GFS (Global Forecast System) - a weather observation file from NOAA in USA.

* CMC (Canadian Meteorological Centre) - a weather observation from the Canadian Meteorological Centre

Please note you are NOT viewing a GFS or CMC forecast, but a PredictWind Model forecast, that is initialized using the observations from the GFS/CMC models.

If both forecasts are showing the same results you can have a high degree of confidence in the forecast. If the forecasts are different, we recommend that you choose the model that is best matching the wind observations.

In summary - two different guesses made by big expensive computers located in different countries.

Also a bit worried about the skipper, he was due back tues, and I notced he posted from an airport in Aus Tues, but I haven't heard from him since. Smithy, come back, I forgive you :lol:

Pretty sure, you don't really need those runners do you?

Not with the masthead kite ya dont as much :-P Just means in 25knots you have to use reverse psycology. Where its safer to run the big gear than the small gear :-P

Archived