Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:36 PM

https://www.stuff.co...northland-coast

Very little details.
4 onboard a yacht, 3 rescued, 1 dead.

Not good news. The weather is less than ideal, from the east. Metservice have issued a storm warning for Bream Head to Cape Colville, I've not looked at the forecast for Northland, don't even know which part of Northland this has occurred.

BP I trust you are safely tied up in your ditch.

#2 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,732 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:47 PM

We are watching the movie of hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

I would not have chosen to be out there today, will wait with interest for more details.
  Two figures sat side by side, staring at the Sea. One said to the other, “You know that one day we will die.” And the other friend replied, “But all of the other days WE WILL LIVE!”

#3 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,732 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:51 PM

Just had another look. Says 20 miles north of Brett. Possibly returning from Fiji???
  Two figures sat side by side, staring at the Sea. One said to the other, “You know that one day we will die.” And the other friend replied, “But all of the other days WE WILL LIVE!”

#4 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,732 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:11 PM

47ft yacht. At least 2 others serious. Information slowly trickling in

#5 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,732 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:16 PM

Apparently boat was going down, liferaft was lost ( during or before?) And they got in the water. Orion found them and CG(?) Went and picked them up. One doa and two others in bad shape.

#6 Island Time

Island Time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,990 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:22 PM

Bad news. I was thinking today about a couple of boats headed this way at present. Nasty out there today:-(

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#7 cj!

cj!

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:36 PM

Sounds like they picked up all four then one died. Another is in critical condition but the other two are in moderate condition. 

#8 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,732 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:36 PM

Copied

Attached Files

#9 Fish

Fish

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:45 PM

20 nm NW of Cape Brett is the Cavilli's, but 20 nm due north is the 500 m contour. I wouldn't be surprised if the sea state around there 'coming onto soundings' was nasty with this easterly and deep low pushing in.

Sounds like a terrible ordeal.

#10 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,732 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 05:01 PM

Definitely a nasty piece of water. I have bunch of questions but i guess the story will come out in time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users