So can I visit my boat at marina under Code 3? It appears not....

6 minutes ago, straycat said:

How about going to check the boat on the mooring?

I'm planning to heading out to the boat on her mooring under Level 3 to work on her, seeming as my work has dropped down a few days a week.

Its 500m off the wharf, do I perfectly comply and Row out/in? Or do I use the outboard like normal? The outboard is lower risk but breaking the "motorised" rule.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing is illegal until you get caught I've been down there a few times, absolutely NO ONE cares. Westhaven marina staff work for a big bloated H&S happy clappy more important to be seen do

The biggest problem i have had when hunting is how not to have a heart attack while carrying a pig out of the bush.

Rowing is an approved activity

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Adrianp said:

I'm planning to heading out to the boat on her mooring under Level 3 to work on her, seeming as my work has dropped down a few days a week.

Its 500m off the wharf, do I perfectly comply and Row out/in? Or do I use the outboard like normal? The outboard is lower risk but breaking the "motorised" rule.

Rowing is an approved activity

4 hours ago, Deep Purple said:

hanging out your boat for the day, listening to Marley, smoking a doobie while pretending to service a winch is a no-no

This could be considered meditation! 

Mental health is an important issue in these stressful times. 

From westhaven

thank you for your continued patience.  Westhaven Marina is unable to offer rental relief to berth holders in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.  If you are experiencing financial hardship please visit the Covid-19 website or IRD

The purpose and function of Westhaven Marina is to keep your vessel safe and secure and offer ground facilities.  Westhaven Marina is an essential service, marina services have been operating over all alert level stages. Our dockmasters have been on site offering security and have been providing spot checks on request for vessels within the marina. Please appreciate COVID-19 has also created work over and above business as usual, and all staff members have adapted to this to offer the level of service expected by our customers.   All facilities have been open and available to berth holders over all alert levels and could be accessed via tag entry. Cleaning is deemed as an essential service and has also continued over the lockdown to ensure all Westhaven Marina facilities have been kept to a hygienic standard.

Cleaning is essential, i.e a trip to the grid would be ok I imagine 

5 hours ago, Adrianp said:

If our travellift is up and running under L3 then I reakon you are perfectly fine to head out to your mooring and I would be using the outboard. I am sure no one will pull you up for that.

noticing a lot of newly deputised sheriffs in town

ambulance service sweaters patrolling aotea square

civil aviation jumpers stalking albert park

so i might throw a high-vis on and motor my dinghy through the moored boats on a newspeak "reassurance patrol" 

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2020/04/coronavirus-aviation-security-join-police-in-enforcing-lockdown-rules.html

Newspeak
Newspeak is the language of Oceania, a totalitarian superstate

newspeak noo͞′spēk″, nyoo͞′-

• n.- Deliberately ambiguous and contradictory language used to mislead and manipulate the public.
  • n.- A mode of talk by politicians and officials using ambiguous words to deceive the listener.