Yacht Grid - Westhaven

sounded like it was a 1020.  and apparently it made a hell of a bang when it went over.  I heard he had unfurled his headsail for some reason and it got caught by a puff and blown over.

We all take risks.

Whaaaaaat? ???? Surely risk taking should be legislated against to save people from themselves though? We should all be treated as no smarter than the lowest common denominator after all.

Who are you and what have you done with Kevin?

• Upvote 1

Whaaaaaat? Surely risk taking should be legislated against to save people from themselves though? We should all be treated as no smarter than the lowest common denominator after all.

Who are you and what have you done with Kevin?

Hay, leave Kevin alone.

Its refreshing to have a different point of view around here to counter the herd.

While I don't necessarily agree with the views all the time, its very valuable for to consider a different way of thinking every now and then, and very good for the board to not have everyone in perfect agreement all the time. That would be very boring.

There are a few at Milford who think its alright to dry out with the boat bolt upright or slightly leaning away from the piles too. Never could understand it when a couple of buckets of water on the gunwhale will ensure a safe degree of lean in even if you cant be there when she settles to the ground. Seen a number tip at Westhaven over the years..  

I don't necessarily disagree Fish and KM, partly my commment was because I was stunned to hear him say something that could have come from the middle of the heard, rather un Kevin from what I've seen.

I do sometimes wish he would explain his point of view, rather than just re-state it, when people are trying to understand his thinking.

Sabre...... ????

All taken in jest from my point of view (especially the bit where KM says I'm normally wrong, I've only ever been wrong once, back in 1984....)

I just wanted to say I appreciate hearing an alternative point of view, such as Kevin's, and wouldn't want that to be discouraged, even if done in jest.

Harrytom the grids got moved over by swashies.

Dtwo, that's interesting. The guy I spoke to claimed to have seen it fall and reckoned it was due to the Genoa being unfurled. It could have been furled away quickly, or I may have misunderstood.