How much preparation for the storm, on marina berth

Hopefully most of this stuff is done but this is what I have just done.

Tie down everything that can't be put away, fold down bimi covers and dodger unless it's sturdy, clip off halyards away from the mast, put a couple of extra ties around your sail cover. Double up lines put fenders on finger side of dock. Put some chafe protection on any lines subject to chafe. Put outboard away inside

If you have a headsail on a furler I would be removing it. I am sure there is plenty more you can do a lot depends on how your boat is set up.

Got stuck in the office tonight and just got home. Will paddle out in the morning to double check the lines, lash main a bit tighter, close hatches. Wife tells me I'm taking S2 to doctor at 0830hrs so will be before dawn. Oh not on a marina.

Be careful out there Ants, we don't need statistics on this site! Especially before dawn.

I checked my mooring and rewired all the shackles about 3 weeks back, plus have two lines to the bow. 

I'm not too worried about my mooring letting go, I just hope my boat doesn't get blown over. I wonder whether all my little covers will still be there Friday morning.

Mate - i paddle to and from the boat at night more often than during the day! But i hear ya. Some of the best paddles I've done are in the river under a full moon!

My biggest fear is Will - the big old IOR - letting go - it's really sad to see the state of that now

It's not the dark, it's the 165km winds I'm thinking of.

Yeah, I'd be worried about that one too. I'm a little concerned about some of the POS's floating around in Little Shoal, but I think I'm far enough east to be safe. In the last storm, with 40 odd knots NE, my boat was sat there becalmed, while the next row out were blowing all around. I thanked my stars then!! 

I think this year has been a bit odd, all the big winds seem to have been from the Northern side, and hardly any SW.

Yeh - too shitty at 0530 to go out so will have to chance it. Quite pleasant when i left the house but now sitting in a Dr's surgery. The forecast suggests the boat will be fine!

I went out to the boat yesterday afternoon, in the passing rain, fitted another mooring bridle, took off the furler, removed the lazy jacks and strapped the mainsail to the boom with a sh*t ton of webbing sail ties. Took off all the cockpit covers, rudder blades, and anything else that could be removed, strapped all the halyards up etc etc and finished everything at the very moment the rain stopped.  Looking at the track of this thing I think we will get spared the brunt but we will still get a few hours worth of it, hopefully coinciding with the low tide.

Yep looks like we will cop it in the Bay of Plenty, right in the the dangerous quadrant.

One of the predictwind models showing 60 gusting 80 at 4p.m. At least the swell height has gone down from 8 to 6 meters. The high tide a 9 o'clock will make things interesting.