Coastal classic 2022

6 hours ago, Ex Machina said:

Looking at the entries there’s no piedies . Are they not getting a lifeline exemption ? 

The Piedys have put together a proposal to YNZ to ask for a Class exemption from the Lifelines. Fingers crossed they can get it sorted in time as i would be awesome to see a fleet of Piedys on the line! 

26 minutes ago, Adrianp said:

The Piedys have put together a proposal to YNZ to ask for a Class exemption from the Lifelines. Fingers crossed they can get it sorted in time as i would be awesome to see a fleet of Piedys on the line! 

Classics... Yep they where designed liked that I believe. 

Guess it could be like motorbikes registered before 1978 don't require indicators... Last time I checked. 

12 minutes ago, ex Elly said:

Will still require liferaft or dinghy.  Not much room for a dinghy on a Piedy!

Coastal is Cat3 minus dinghy/liferaft, got changed a couple of years ago

• Like 1

Hood rat and Suspect device will be there representing the piedies, although we will be pirate entries cause it was just turning into a hassle and quite frankly we'd rather spend the money on piss. We'll both be carrying life rafts because... well cause they're piedies.

(And after bashing back from channel island in 25+ wind agaisnt tide at night a few weeks ago my chines are probably going to open up) 

We'll still come and get in the way at the start line so watch out cause ya wont be able to protest us out of it 

Four boats entered in 1A. Question begs as to why aren't the Melges, and for that matter the Kers in this division? Especially when you see boats like Champosa and Fez are in their current division. Surely the Melges performance is more like the 52's?

Division One A
Monohull 0 .9600 and above, but must be greater than 12.5 m LOA
Division One B
Monohull between 0.8700 and 0.9599; and additionally
Monohull 0.9600 and above but must be 12.5 m LOA and shorter

Anyone else still waiting for flares ?  We Got cat3 even though I couldn’t get hold of handheld smokes . Apparently it’s really getting out of hand , especially for the commercial folk who are needing to update their flares . Fingers crossed the shipment arrives before raceday . It would suck to get penalised for not having smokes on  board .

12 minutes ago, Ed said:

Burnsco are showing stock online in most of their stores for orange smokes?

So is marine deals but they don’t have them “in stock “ slightly misleading advertising . It’s in stock but the stock is in a shipping container somewhere in transit 

That is a pet peeve of mine, number of times I have been looking for something urgently and find it showing in stock on a website, only to ring and find it is in stock in Australia and would be shipped from there. In stock should mean I can drive to the shop and pick it up same day!

• Upvote 1