Anniversary Regatta - Any results?

Deep Purple

sailed a piedy through motuihe channel with wind against tide. managed to fill the cabin up so much the squabs and floor boards were afloat :lol: so vodafone team got brave today? i presume they would of had about 5 reefs in

Where did the race finish? TVS was about 10 mins ahead of the AC cat at bean Rock and then dropped its headsail - so I assume it finished there? Charleston I think was about 30 mins after that. Total race time for TVS must have been about 90 mins.

Bad Kitty & Vorpal Blade sailed back from Motuihe about 1200. Started about 15-18 knots, 20-22 at Browns and 25 knots by Devonport. Probably had near 30 at the bridge. Great sail. Was more fun sailing it than the 4 ama's paddling straight into it up by Watchmans Island.

The AC boat did not start the Anniversary Day regatta due, as I understand to contractual commitments. She was well down the harbour when TVE started.

Any race would have been "informal".

Mind you i was fishing so didn't pay much attention to what was happening at the race start.

Did you have the Herald photographer with you, SD - their angle is bloody close to yours.

Completely missed the guy "standing" in the water in your sequence until I read the Herald account of what happened. In my defence I was trying to figure out if it had ended with the 88 T-boning the Stewart - I guess not or someone would have mentioned it.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10703280

SCCZEN_310111NZHBPYACHTS1_460x230.JPG

Ha - I missed that too, was looking at the Stewart and the mark and wondering how they missed. DOn't come sailing with me, if you fall overboard I won't notice :lol: :lol:

Came back solo from Kawau yesterday afternoon, quite full on at times, just quietly, and got really rather fresh around Tiri. Anyway a fun and fast reach down only spoiled by a less than fun slog and pound up the ditch to Westhaven and a bit of a mooring mare once I got there, ho hum.

Feeling my age this morning though.... can barely move...

Did the Anniversary Regatta on Hullabaloo (Y11), was over it when we were halfway up the harbour beating into the chop, then we got to Westhaven ODM, to go back down to Torpedo, just to slog back up again.

Not sure if I really like sailing that much. Prob wasn't the way to introduce my Dad (on holiday here) to sailing on the Waitemata either...

Ripped the kite too just for good measure. Think Future Perfect lost theirs in a big way too, ended with about a meter hanging out of the top of the mast for the rest of the trip. Easy to spot though.

Did anyone go out on the water today?? It has been very strong wind over here at Whenuapai all day today.

Took Fusion out for the day with some guest from Canada had some gusts hit 25kts. Went for a look at the Tug boat race. Very few on water spectators. Good day out. The AC 45 screeched past us with 3 RIBs close behind. It looked hot :-)

Archived