Jump to content

This Weekend's Achievements


Guest

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Black Panther said:

 Where are you?

I'm on the shore.  Apparently you can dry the starter out and reconstitute it back to life by adding some fresh flour n water.  

Could pop some in an envelope and send it to you if you want.

(my first few loaves didn't turn out very well, it def takes some trial and error)

Link to post
Share on other sites

So someone is going to put some dry white powder into an envelope and send it to someone else?

 Please let us know when this is going to happen. I’ll be watching the news with great interest (for a change)…

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Fogg said:

So someone is going to put some dry white powder into an envelope and send it to someone else?

 Please let us know when this is going to happen. I’ll be watching the news with great interest (for a change)…

Ha, just to satisfy your curiosity but mainly to save you from watching the news... 

IMG-20210906-112002.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, muzled said:

Ha, just to satisfy your curiosity but mainly to save you from watching the news... 

IMG-20210906-112002.jpg

Nice. That still looks beautifully questionable. Def worth keeping one eye on the news…

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 1020 came with a functioning Mariner Prince 2 burner with grill but the boss requires an oven.

So managed to get my hands on a mostly functioning Princess oven from trademe a few months back. Took some time over the weekend to fully strip the oven down and refurb/clean/reassemble with parts from the old unit. The thing cranks now and all elements fire up first click 👍🏽

Such a well built unit, compared to the crap available these days.

The only thing that I need to do is somehow get the front panel sticker recreated so we have the gradients etc.

20210831_155645.jpg

20210901_191601.jpg

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Job!

I've not seen a 2 burner with oven  and grill before. Is it the model with or without the thermocouple flame out protection? I thought they all had that, until I saw a neighbor's one - three burner with oven - that didn't.. I still use mine, recently replaced a couple of the thermocouples to keep it working 100%. I would have thought any sign writer with a computer could make you a new label?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Island Time said:

Good Job!

I've not seen a 2 burner with oven  and grill before. Is it the model with or without the thermocouple flame out protection? I thought they all had that, until I saw a neighbor's one - three burner with oven - that didn't.. I still use mine, recently replaced a couple of the thermocouples to keep it working 100%. I would have thought any sign writer with a computer could make you a new label?

Yes has thermocouple flame outs on all elements.

The main oven element flutters for approx 30 secs or so once knob and pilot light switched off, then there's a distinct 'click and she's out.

I was wondering if normal sign writing vinyl would handle the heat.

The panel is thin stainless that was originally spot welded on the edge of the holes for control knobs but half the welds had let go and it was bent. I removed and cleaned it all up and will just rivet it back on when I've sussed the decoration of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...