This Weekend's Achievements

Thank you... I done Urquharts to Torkington Bay, then Torkington to Boat Harbour, Tairua.. big day, 16hrs, then Tairua home. Mostly close reaching with a SW except for yesterday which was pretty much on the nose. It was supposed to go NE in the afternoon but SSE was about all I got. Had a fantastic run through Colville channel right on sunrise broad reaching with 25 knots... ahh happy days!

Congratulations! What an achievement and confidence booster for you

Thank you Battgirl.. yes the trip has given me a lot of confidence. Can’t wait to get back out there. The Raven ate up the miles so much quicker and easier than the TS!

Not wrong IT.. so easy to sail and so forgiving. Moves well in a light breeze yet still solid and easily handled in a stiff breeze. And the helm... What a revelation.. from hanging on for dear life with the Sabre to being able to steer with my little finger.. literally.. because I tried!

Sweet. This week I set the autopilot and made a cup of tea. Came back on deck and was admiring the nice straight wake when realised I had missed the button and the pilot was on standby.

Got to be happy with that. I couldn’t say how many times I’ve abused my TP just to find I have hit Standby instead of auto

Come raft up with me Sabre.

Just done the last system checking so if Justin Bieber attacks we are ready.

Inside

noise inside.JPG

Cockpit

noise outside.JPG

There is an upgrade planned. Rumours have it Adele has just brought a boat :shock:

• Upvote 2

Congratulations " Sabre" Copacabana was/is one of the better ravens

Thank you harrytom, I’m feeling very lucky to own her. She has been looked after pretty well with some very expensive upgrades. Looking forward to some big adventures :)

• Upvote 1

Come raft up with me Sabre.

I really appreciate the invite KM but I prefer my boats to be in the water. I still have a TS though, maybe I could raft that up...

All depends on which boat you're being invited to raft up to ;)

I got restless so the heavily retrenched fleet has swapped back to expansion mode.   

Spent 4h dicking around trying to find leaks and stop leaks and then get an actual vacuum to hold while attempting to DIY a vacuum bagging setup.

Got frustrated.

Went online.

Spent money...

zzb100561_kl.jpgzzb100837_kl.jpg98.0003_kl.jpg

I got restless so the heavily retrenched fleet has swapped back to expansion mode.   

Did you buy, or otherwise acquire a boat KM?

Is this a sign the garden ornament has found a new life, as a garden ornament?

• Upvote 1

I can’t even imagine what someone with a blinged out offshore racer would buy.. faster? Slower? Bigger? Smaller? More hulls? the mind boggles

This is less of an achievement and more of a warning and reminder to all of us who like to mess about with our boats n fix stuff ourselves. 

Epoxy hardener in your eye hurts like a mofo and can occur despite the use of safety glasses. 

If you do find yourself thrashing around your workshop like a deranged idiot at an all night rave, the best bet is to use water, and copious quantities of it, if you can't find water use beer, or anything that's non-corrosive. Epoxy harder is an amine with a high pH. Alkali burns are the predominant cause of chemical eye injury in men. Wash that stuff out for 10 min. Seriously, 10 min. Your eye will clamp shut like a republican's wallet on tax day, so you'll need to pry that thing open to wash it. Then go see a doctor, a decent one not one like the idiot I stumbled into first, preferably go to the ER at a hospital, and go fast. Get someone to take you 'cause your other eye will also be useless - you'll have to keep it closed to avoid using it because moving one eye moves the other. The  hospital should check the pH of your eye and likely flush it some more, then pump you full of pain killers and give you steroid and antibiotic drops with daily checkups. The risk of permanent corneal damage is high - and can occur in as little as 15s if you have a strong alkali.

10 days later I can see through it but the image is blurry.

Did I mention it hurts?  Photo is 3 days post event...

gallery_123_80_84552.jpg

• Upvote 1