MarkMT

Coastguard app

Arrived back in NZ last week and joined the Coastguard this morning. The website recommends installing their app. Seems like a good idea, but can't find it in the google store. I checked the google store website and see this: "This app is incompatible with all of your devices" - specifically a fairly old Samsung S5 and a very recently purchased Moto G7. Huh?? What gives?

Only thing I use is the nowcasting info. Only reason I got it. It keeps wanting to give me safety messages and trip logs. Annoying but overriden by my love of knowing what the wind is doing at this particular point im time. Direction and strength.

It was a massive step backwards when they switched off the text options. That was a v useful backup to access essential info when coverage was too weak for full data but enough for a simple text to get through.

I thought the old CG app was rubbish / didn't actually work. Is the new one worse? Does the new one actually work for what ever it is supposed to do?

(note, I don't normally do apps, and could be 2 or 3 apps out of date...)