Island Time

Covid 19 and liveaboards

The usual congregation hotspots are obviously closed (KBC and Bon Accord cafe) and so with so much private land relatively few beaches I’d have thought there is plenty of opportunity for locals to avoid boaties (by keeping away from the sheltered beaches)?

54 minutes ago, Black Panther said:

Rumour mill now tells me the big customs boat will be patrolling harbour and gulf for the next 7 days looking for rule breakers.

Interesting. Wonder how they’ll define ‘rule-breakers’?

In the narrowest sense it’s anyone who read the notice that said “no leisure boating activities” whilst they were on land but then packed up and went afloat anyway.

But assuming that ship has sailed - pardon the deliberate pun - how will define rule-breaking now? Anyone who has moved anchorage one day to the next (without a howling gale making it necessary)? Anyone who goes for a walk ashore and talks to another walker???

From my contact:

Ranger at mansion house had a tantrum and kicked everyone out of the bay and wouldn't allow anyone ashore. And apparently some boats have been yelled at when coming ashore. Someone got chased off the beach at south cove the other day. Locals have been talking about it on their kawau Facebook. Not bad I dont think but a few have cold reception to boats.