Okahu Hard Stand meeting

On 20/09/2023 at 7:54 AM, CarpeDiem said:

So fundamentally one in the same.  Separated by a thin veil of see through fabric. Good to know. Thanks for clearing that up for me. 

I wonder if the trust deed a document Auckland ratepayers can access ? might be interesting to see the content 

On 1/11/2023 at 6:55 AM, otto said:

OLBConsultationResults.pdf 259.97 kB · 22 downloads

Clear public support for a hardstand at The Landing 
Ōrākei Local Board asked for feedback on their decision to close the hardstand at The 
Landing and the response from ratepayers is NO. 
Results of the Ōrākei Local Board public consultaton on retenton of the hardstand at Okahu 
Bay shows a clear majority (64%) support retenton of a short stay haul out and hardstand 
facility for boat cleaning and/or ant-foul applicaton. 
There were 1,558 respondents of which 617 were Ōrākei residents. The response shows the 
hardstand is a regional issue and the Ōrākei Local Board does not have a mandate for 
closure. 

And what's likely to happen next?

1. The Board Holds their hand up - admits they got it wrong and the previous operator is "invited" back to re-establish their operation or a version of it? or
  2. The Board ignores the feedback, goes to ground on the issue and simply lets time cement their preferred option or
  3. ???
On 20/09/2023 at 9:57 AM, K4309 said:

Well this thread isn't going how you wanted, @Okahu Sailor. 8 negative votes already and unanimous opposition to your position . Looks like you should have got that Communications Consultant after all...

I trust this demonstrates to you the depth of feeling around how RAYC is shafting the wider boating community. I hope you take this onboard and reflect on the damage you are doing. Perhaps even a positive outcome, change RAYC's position on expansion at the expense of others?

....add me to the 8

• Upvote 2
On 5/11/2023 at 4:33 PM, Frank said:

I had a read, do we have any members who are experienced or legally qualified on the mechanics and legalities of charitable trusts ? 

What do you want to know?  PM me. 

Orakei Local Board Public meeting this Thursday on future of The Landing hardstand

Ōrākei Local Board hold their next meeting this Thursday and the future of the hardstand is top of the agenda. It’s a public meeting open to all.

Details:
Thursday 16th November, 3pm
St Chads Church & Community Centre
40 St. Johns Road
Meadowbank

The Ōrākei Local Board will receive feedback on their recent public consultation on The Landing. The majority of respondents submitted against the plan and there is a high level of negative public response to the Ōrākei Local Board’s actions regarding their closure of the hardstand.

Auckland Council’s marine biosecurity staff have recommended that the local board consider maintaining a limited area of facilities at the Landing for short stay cleaning and antifoul application. Staff from the Parks and Community Facilities Department also note the biosecurity benefits of a hardstand

Clear public support for a hardstand at The Landing
Results of the Ōrākei Local Board public consultation on retention of the hardstand at Okahu Bay shows a clear majority (64%) support retention of a short stay haul out and hardstand facility for boat cleaning and/or antifoul application.

Will The Ōrākei Local Board give due regard to the public input they sought? Will they protect the Hardstand’s designation in the Marine Precinct specified in Auckland’s Unitary Plan?

The Orakei Local Board needs to receive the feedback generated by their public consultation on The Landing and revise their draft refresh plan to incorporate a hardstand facility.

See you Thursday.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6
21 hours ago, Psyche said:

3 p.m!

yep - then they'll say how it's just rich old retirees who this affects.

meanwhile, us younguns dont have the luxury of leaving work early to slog across town in traffic just to be ignored by self-serving councillors

(That said, I'll be trying to make it)

• Upvote 2

Fill your boots

Local Government Act 2002

Section 82

Principles of consultation

(1)

Consultation that a local authority undertakes in relation to any decision or other matter must be undertaken, subject to subsections (3) to (5), in accordance with the following principles:

(a)

that persons who will or may be affected by, or have an interest in, the decision or matter should be provided by the local authority with reasonable access to relevant information in a manner and format that is appropriate to the preferences and needs of those persons:

(b)

that persons who will or may be affected by, or have an interest in, the decision or matter should be encouraged by the local authority to present their views to the local authority:

(c)

that persons who are invited or encouraged to present their views to the local authority should be given clear information by the local authority concerning the purpose of the consultation and the scope of the decisions to be taken following the consideration of views presented:

(d)

that persons who wish to have their views on the decision or matter considered by the local authority should be provided by the local authority with a reasonable opportunity to present those views to the local authority in a manner and format that is appropriate to the preferences and needs of those persons:

(e)

that the views presented to the local authority should be received by the local authority with an open mind and should be given by the local authority, in making a decision, due consideration:

(f)

that persons who present views to the local authority should have access to a clear record or description of relevant decisions made by the local authority and explanatory material relating to the decisions, which may include, for example, reports relating to the matter that were considered before the decisions were made.

• Like 1

OK so things got a bit hard to follow towards the end there but it looks like there's potentially the option to investigate a reduced and/or seasonal hardstand at Okahu Bay.

Sensible outcome but I wouldn't say it's over yet.

• Upvote 4
13 hours ago, motorb said:

OK so things got a bit hard to follow towards the end there but it looks like there's potentially the option to investigate a reduced and/or seasonal hardstand at Okahu Bay.

Sensible outcome but I wouldn't say it's over yet.

and Council will pick up all costs incurred by the previous haul out operator to reestablish themselves... Sorry, I can't any of it happening... It's a dead duck and that local board are holding the smoking gun and trying to find somewhere to hide it.

Would be great if I'm proved wrong and I certainly have full respect for everyone who has been fighting the case...

The key here is don't give up, the people who want the hardstand gone play the attrition game and aim to wear opponents down. This watered down option does not make sense, a giant carpark during summer that will be empty most of the time?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

At the first meeting (which started this whole thread) there were heaps of boaties there. Not enough room for all of. There were boaties, lots of boat tradies etc.

You could see the council were surprised at the turnout. Even though nobody was allowed to speak, just the registered interests.

And that meeting was same place and same time.

• Like 1