This Weekend's Achievements

A suggestion from Sailfish.

What did you get done this weekend? Racing , cruising, repairs and maintenance or new construction. Give us a few lines and tell us.

I'll start - looked at the rowboat and thought about it.

Yesterday I mowed the lawns, repaired the broken stays on the hot water cylinder overflow - using an old 3 mm traveller rope (that's why you never throw out old ropes) and put some more patches on the roof and painted over them. Then I cleaned the wheels on the car. Oh yes, I repaired Pedro's gennaker too - most important job of all.

Today I scrubbed the waterline of the Ant, and cleaned underneath the boat with my home made clean under the boat thingo and then I scrubbed off all the pollen that lands on the decks and cockpit at this time of year. I've just finished helping my other half in the garden again as clearly all day yesterday wasn't enough :roll:

And very shortly I'll have a beer.

And in case anyone's interested for the next three days I'll be at an aged care conference - WooHOO! - not.

Will you be handing out freebies AA :wink: :lol:

I keep being told to wash the Car, but I figure on two points. One, the Dirt is protecting the Paint from UV and two, it gets washed regularly in Auckland when it rains. Looking pretty grey out there now.

Wondering why on earth we didn't go get the boat this weekend. Really don't care that it's a bit lame out there, we just want the boat up here now. Next weekend is not looking great again.

Yesterday I fixed the Lawn Mower, so as Dawn could mow the Lawns.

Then we went for a good long walk, first of the season. Really got to work hard this year at becoming a little more streamlined so I can look more like one of those keen lean machines like AA :wink: :lol:

Continued packing gear up getting readly to move - made up boxes to transport gear in - using up offcuts of marine ply. Squid have the better part of a half sheet of 4mm marine ply here if you need it, otherwise it'll get turned into a couple of boxs for carrying gear.

Working tonight - will be out on the harbour around midnight...

I'm shifting the primaries back closer to the helm, she ain't a full crew race boat anymore.

Its a surprisingly big job, each winch weighs 40 kg. Can you believe that ( cos it blew me away)

And of course , the turning blocks have to go back too. :crazy:

Trundelled round a mountain bike race this morning, didn't crash or collapse, then provided ballast, advice and wake up calls to the young skipper of a Sea Scout cutter while he tried to avoid colliding with the Lowry Bay Yacht Club race this afternoon. Was cool.

busy weekend! just finished the new garmin ghp12 autopilot install, rewired the engine room electrical panel after a small meltdown (removed trailer plugs from wiring harness!!) and got the strange VSR box in our kitchen now working between both batteries (it came with the boat and I didnt think it was ever working - and confirmed because it now has LED's blinking :mrgreen: ), then went out in the harbor and let the autopilot do its self configuration / setup and then let it sail us around the harbor. We learnt today how cool it is to not steer 8)

We were busy down at Evans Bay.

We bogged, sanded, primed, undercoated the bottom of Airship.

We bogged & sanded the gunwales too.

Removed the pulpit (to have it modified to be scooped in the middle).

We also ate some pies from the Hataitai Hot Bread shop, and I swept and mopped the floors at home and did some washing in between coats of antifoul.

Built a pair of subwoofer cabinets, twin 21" B&C 21SW152, massive massive cabinets, discovered that my crown plate amplifiers do not drive a 2 ohm load ( as they are supposed to... :evil: ) and then decided to tidy the garage up. Currently there is a huge amount of my garage contents out on the driveway, and I am too stuffed to bother continuing. :D

Major major major rum race friday night meant a whole lot of holding the couch down to the floor on saturday... That couch would walk away if i got off it, so had to do the right thing and look after it all day. Then today we took mercenary out and dominated the BBYC fleet, then farewelled a very good mate Tommy K who is heading over to europe to join the superyacht circus. A good night had by all!

Got a call on Friday and wen't to help the old man paint his living room on saturday.

Watched the All Blacks lose! (Geeze Ausy played well!) :-(

On sunday installed new Water Witch Bilge pump switch, fixed leeking raw water inlet, adjusted jazy jacks, re-ran windwane lines, rewired secondry Bilge pump, topped up oil and cdolant and drilled drain holes in base of mast!

Also found a seized open throughull valve (that I duidn't know existed) that was below the waterline and the pipe had no clamps on it! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Managed to get it closed and added to the haul out todo list!

went home happy! :-)

SHANE

i slept, went fast in the javelin, learned that it is quite hard to right a javelin with a kite up, a cracking centre board and while being blown in very close to the rocks. then i spent the rest of the day sulking in my room because my boat isnt here yet.