The Harbour Classic - 1st April

19 hours ago, waikiore said:

Well not too many racers, counted 27 with one pulling out within a minute, the multi boys may be disappointed with Mayhem coming in first and a loong way behind was attitude then Superbad and the Rum Bucket.

We had a fitting on the tiller connecting bar fail, gutted to have had to pull out

The Friday party had an awesome atmosphere, with Phil and the band doing great work👍

It looked to have the makings of a great event , but we did note that at the same time there were single handers racing back towards Richmond and the squadron cruising race with very close racing heading out towards Waiheke, not sure what those Piedy boys were smoking but it hung over Auckland harbour till about 10 yesterday morning.

• Haha 3

That seems to be the key issue. Hard to find free weekends in an alreadybuay calendar. Options next yeah look limited to the point they'll have to clash with something.

The last week in March / first week in April is always jam packed. I love NZMYC but think they were being rather "brave" dumping another race onto the busiest time of the season.

Last weekend I chose to sail Auckland Laer champs. The weekend before was 2 days of club dinghy champs. I was gutted to miss the Auckland - Tauranga which is my favourite NZ race. And I could have done the Squadron cruising race. In recent seasons I would have been chasing dinghy regattas with the kids in the lead up to the Opti and Starling Nationals. I get it gives a fresh new option, but the existing options are still pretty good.

The Habour Classic is coming round again, Josh Leys will be providing the music at the party on Friday night, and the race itself on Saturday 9th March.

Entry fee is now only $30, and that still inlcudes 2 nights berthing in Jellicoe wharf!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

6bf305ab-ddec-3422-7160-cb4234bf5fbe.png

Prepare to set sail as PIC Insurance Brokers extends their support, allowing us to significantly reduce the PIC Harbour Classic fee to only $30!

In our unwavering commitment in making the PIC Harbour Classic an integral part of the Moana Auckland Festival and fostering its growth, we want to ensure nothing stands between you and the thrill of being part of this incredible experience and PIC Insurance Brokers is helping us do just that. 

The $30 entry fee still includes two nights of mooring within Jellicoe/North Wharf, an unforgettable Welcome Party featuring the sensational Josh Leys band, and, of course, the grand prizegiving ceremony.  We've left nothing off the table; it's going to be nothing short of awesome.

From the outset, the vision has been to create an event that welcomes everyone, firmly believing in its promising future, so seize this offer and join us on the 8th and 9th of March for an unforgettable event.

2e50a00b-f7d1-21f6-f026-8814e43c96d5.png

REDUCED ENTRY FEE - $30

TWO NIGHTS FREE MOORING

WELCOME PARTY WITH JOSH LEYS BAND

PRIZEGIVING ON TE WHERO ISLAND

ef65c319-e477-0037-22a0-5a7a99fdc5f3.jpg
c0cbd64a-f8c0-7ab6-c258-58c35ec8f197.png

• Like 1

How did it go -I saw some Milford piedies heading there on friday?

Tricky scheduling stuff at this time of year, Classics to Waiheke , Panmure 2H 3L etc etc

Yes, Gulf Classic is a must do for us every year so I hope they don't clash next time. About a dozen keelers and a pile of trailer boats this year so I guess it wouldn't affect the harbour race numbers significantly. Be nice to do both though, specially now that its 30 bucks.

2 hours ago, Steve said:

Yes, Gulf Classic is a must do for us every year so I hope they don't clash next time. About a dozen keelers and a pile of trailer boats this year so I guess it wouldn't affect the harbour race numbers significantly. Be nice to do both though, specially now that its 30 bucks.

Had a great race in the Gulf Classic and a good view of the HC Boats as they sailed to Torbay. So did the ship :-)

Hopefully no clash next year.

It such a busy calendar it hard to find a free day for our race. We tried really hard to avoid any clashes this year and we were the first event in the AYBA and YNZ calendar but looks like the Gulf Classic have had that date for a while and we just didn't know.

We (NZ Multihull Yacht Club) want to work with the other clubs to grow this event into something huge, so please let us know your feedback and ideas. 

• Upvote 3