This Weekend's Achievements

These spring gales gave me the courage to risk a police challenge and visit GH to replace Fogg’s dock lines with a set of more suitable sized lines (custom made a while ago by KM but have been sitting at home).

2F244619-DB78-4724-A696-CD1D78DE342E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Black Panther said:

Big day coming up tomorrow. We get to leave the peninsula and drive to Birkenhead for jabs. Heading ashore now to put gas in Angela 's car, check the tyre pressure and consult google maps. Then come back and make a nice picnic lunch. Have I missed anything?

You know they are doing drive in Jabs at North Shore airport now? I was booked at Birkenhead (cause it was the only place with appointments within 2 months), now currently booked via the Dr's at Bunnings car park, but got this message about the Dairy Flat Airport. Sunday - Wednesday, 8 something to 3 something. Got it via text and email on Friday night. Amazing what happens when they fly in more vaccine stocks...

You could go today and not even need gas for the car (save the environment, and some $$$)

I even got some priority booking code, making me feel like some under-privileged Moari or Tongan. I was going to forward it to David Seymor to see what he thought of middle aged white guys getting priority booking codes...

Give me a call if you want the details.

4 minutes ago, Black Panther said:

I got that text too but we are all excited about our big outing. Been booked since pre lockdown and too lazy to change it.

If it is a drive in centre, be prepared for a sore arm for 2 days. I think its because you cant drop arm down to fully relax. Had it last Sunday and still felt it Tuesday night but bonus no flu symptoms

Fitted the prod last night and tried it out today in first spring series race today .

It has transformed the boat downwind and we have gone from a 40 something masthead m2 spinnaker to a 100m2 gennaker . 

boat felt great , heaps more power and speed and so nice to be apparent wind sailing again after 6 months of spinnakers only .

8CE65E12-2E38-40E7-A2DA-5DA8F43BA765.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
4 minutes ago, B00B00 said:

That looks really good. Nice work.

Have you sold the shaw? 

all credit to my mate Scott , he’s pulled some big hours and done a superb job . 

Sort of sold the Shaw , lockdown is drawing things out a bit so hopefully it will go to a new home by early summer 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, harrytom said:

If it is a drive in centre, be prepared for a sore arm for 2 days. I think its because you cant drop arm down to fully relax. Had it last Sunday and still felt it Tuesday night but bonus no flu symptoms

Ive had both jabs, nothing at all. After the first one I had to double check they'd actually done the jab. Standard seems to tell you to look away, and then say it's all done. Such a small needle I didn't even feel it. I felt the second one, but no side effects at all.

My daughter had a really sore arm, couldn't sleep on that side for a few days.

A mate had massive headache for a week after jab 2, but no side effects after jab 1.

Seems to hit everyone differently.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, 44forty said:

Fitted the prod last night and tried it out today in first spring series race today .

It has transformed the boat downwind and we have gone from a 40 something masthead m2 spinnaker to a 100m2 gennaker . 

boat felt great , heaps more power and speed and so nice to be apparent wind sailing again after 6 months of spinnakers only .

Looks great, I'll be staying away from you on the start-line at Bay Week :-)