Island Time

Covid 19 and liveaboards

37 minutes ago, Island Time said:

They normally have 14 flights a week for supplies.  Now they have two. They are not provisioned for anyone but locals...

I’ll call you or your source out on this.  For this to be accurate, there would need to a significant number of visitors”normally” on the island at any one time - let’s say for the sake of argument, conservatively - five times the permanent population.  Either that or the local population are all fasting daily for Lent and have decided to extend it for the month!

46 minutes ago, ScottiE said:

I’ll call you or your source out on this.  For this to be accurate, there would need to a significant number of visitors”normally” on the island at any one time - let’s say for the sake of argument, conservatively - five times the permanent population.  Either that or the local population are all fasting daily for Lent and have decided to extend it for the month!

I would hazard a guess those two flights are mostly full of supplies and only the odd essential passenger , as opposed to mostly passengers and a portion of freight in normal times 

I'd also dispute what the source of that article says - I have a mate out there who reckons everyone hes seen has been well behaved. To many different stories to know what's real though....

1 hour ago, Island Time said:

I'd also dispute what the source of that article says - I have a mate out there who reckons everyone hes seen has been well behaved. To many different stories to know what's real though....

Agreed.  The typical MSM are no longer interested in spending time verifiying stories or sources because it’s more important to publish a sensational story and move on to the next disaster.  That culture pervades our own MO. I’ve been trying really hard since the beginning of last year to correct my own behaviour, partially successfully (or perhaps still failing depending on whether your an optimist or a realist!)

If I had run out of craft beer , wine , rum , gin , tonic , soft cheeses , smoked salmon , chips , real coffee , fresh milk, Avos, bacon , bread etc and had limited amounts of water and fuel left I’d be coming home too.

BP and the overseas cruisers do this sh*t all the time so they will be fine .

Most I've spoken with will comply with the rules, minimal movement, only back to restock when food or medicine runs low. Some, who have homes here, will return and stay ashore. Others have no choice but to go back out.