This Weekend's Achievements

Saturday finally finished painting the deck,dull grey,kiwi grip part of the deck and protective paint for the rest,both seem to flow the same but noticed the kiwi grip flattened compared to protective,using the plastic roller. But this rain will be a test??

that's worse than I looked after scraping my hull! I had no idea how blue I was and proceeded to go to the shops. the guy at Burnsco asked if I was painting myself or my boat.

my accomplishments? first single-handed race! which also happened to be my first single-handed sail, ever! I was part of the golden confused bunch who read the race docs wrong and sailed the wrong course. so, while it was a bummer to not accomplish my goal of also finishing my first solo race, I did pick the long course, and it was pretty cool to get out to Iliomama and back to Westhaven all by myself. really excited for summer now.

• Upvote 2

Got 10 boats towed back into the environment before 10:30 this morning, waited until tide came in, floated off the cradle and went to the mooring only to find it had become an ecosystem all of its own in the last 5 months - there was so much weed growing on it I couldn't pull it up. After an hour of cutting/slashing I made it through to the bridle. 

Here we all are sitting on cradles waiting for the tide to come in....

IMG_0266.jpg

• Upvote 5

retrieving,bit lummpy,motored forward,stopped ran forward pulled in warp,went to slip chain on to gypsy,chain slipped and at same touched button, use to be all chain but to much weight.So left 21/2 boat lenghts of chain but thimble shackle chain to warp wont go over gypsey,lewmar. never had a problem when calm or 2 onboard. teach me for sneaking out during a work day.

yep it has the spring loaded thing that sit on top off chain. Just looked at a few photos chain to warp,how often would you need to re do splice? and can i drop it off some where to have it splice?10mm on to 6mm short link chain.

lewmar pro fish series vertical

Completed new sliding hatch garage.

Bloody complicated time consuming task,make mould,laminate ply, glass ply, sand, prime ,undercoat,go to boat ,attack old garage with skilsaw, beautify ugly 45 year old black hole, prime,undercoat, fit new garage, pray that no epoxy was going to ooze out and jamb sliding hatch,sand,prime,undercoat and finally top coat.

Yippee, now whats next....

yIoJzqQ.jpg

Usually I don't do second hand sails but there was this one opportunity....

So our new, sorry, recently acquired and pre-loved #2 genoa is still a few hours work from being useable but I had to check how it all fitted before taking to it.

Im going to make the the AC cats standard zip-on luff system fit around our rolled up #1 genoa and I will also make a new a storm jib using the same zip up system so we don't have to remove the big furler to change to other sails.

Looking forward to trying it out.

IMG_0316.jpg